The Kiwanis Club of Glendale is an association of conscientious business, civic, professional, educational, and community leaders who meet regularly for education, inspiration, and fellowship and to select, plan, and implement projects to improve our community, with focus on children and youth, elderly, underserved populations, and nonprofit organizations.
To be the most effective volunteer community service organization in Southern California.
To fulfill its mission, the Kiwanis Club of Glendale will direct its energies in our Glendale Community to exercise of: The Objects of Kiwanis International:
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business and professional standards.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and good will.
Core values are an organization's small but fundamental set of guiding principles. They characterize what an organization does, not how it operates or what it wants to be. The core values of the Kiwanis Club of Glendale are:
- The benchmark of our club, both corporately and individually, is to maintain the highest personal and professional standards of integrity, honesty, and morality.
- We donate time, money, talent, and resources to local charitable and community organizations and projects, with an emphasis on children and youth.
- We are kind, caring, respectful, and helpful to our club members and their families, to our community and neighbors. We are sensitive and empathetic to the needs of others and seek to alleviate those needs whenever possible. We promote an atmosphere of tolerance, respect, inclusion, sensitivity and humor.
- We set and maintain the highest ethical and professional standards for ourselves and our programs. We continually work toward achieving quality, both individually and collectively. We believe excellence will drive the results that differentiate us from other community service organizations. We focus on what is important. We establish and communicate clear expectations. We relentlessly pursue success. We work hard, celebrate our successes and learn from our failures. We continuously look for new ways to improve our services.
- We provide guidance and inspiration through education and information. We will be the premier provider of programs that develop competent, knowledgeable, and ethical youth and adult leaders. We will develop leadership development programs and expand participation to the entire community.
- We are devoted to our country and its core democratic values. We define patriotism as a deep seated love and loyalty for our country based on an appreciation and understanding of the freedoms given to us under our Constitution and Bill of Rights.
- We recognize that success in our mission is always the result of team effort--officers, directors, committees, volunteers, and community partners. We pursue honest and open communication and collaboration among and between all of these important components of our community service team. Together we create an enthusiastic and synergistic atmosphere where each club member is respected for their contribution made to the organization and community whereby the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. We expect everyone to actively participate on the club team. We value the diversity of our members.